Saturday, June 9, 2018

Dreams

I sometimes have the strangest dreams! From the tragedies of train wrecks and collapsing bridges to strange scenes of a Native American chief in full headdress on a horse on a cliff, typing on a laptop, to the everyday adventures of going to work. There really is no common thread among them. Sometimes they inspire me to write a movie script starring a detective on the chase of a notorious criminal, only to find out they are the same person (no wonder why they could never catch them). Other times they feel like a metaphor for navigating my own mind as I follow the winding hallways of the ancient hotel, guided by a small child who gently encourages me to open the creepy little door hidden behind the grandfather clock.

I do love my dreams. As you can see, they are a great show of my creativity, and if I make the time to write them down, they would emerge into fantastic tales. I wish I had the luxury to convey all of them into the works of art they all aspire to be. But for the now, I keep remembering them. Knowing that the ones that stay with me over time are the ones that are truly meant to go somewhere. When they break into my daily life, reminding me of their existence, is when I need to drop everything and start the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment